Building a new Cap Rock fall in sunny South Fla!

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by Chrysalis, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Chrysalis

Chrysalis LawnSite Member

Hey all!

Building a decent size cap rock waterfall down here in Ft Lauderdale where the weather is still warm! Wanted to show you all and see what you think. on the third and last day tomorrow with cement, gravel, plants, mulch.

Ill post those tomorrow! :)

Marc

DSCF1025.jpg

DSCF1027.jpg

DSCF1029.jpg

DSCF1030.jpg

DSCF1031.jpg

2. Chrysalis

And then later that day...

DSCF1032.jpg

DSCF1034.jpg

DSCF1036.jpg

DSCF1037.jpg

3. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Looks great..I can't wait to see the final pictures.

4. XStream Aquatics

XStream Aquatics LawnSite Member

Is this your first water feature????????????????????????????????????????????????????

5. Chrysalis

No why do you ask?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

6. Venturewest

Venturewest LawnSite Senior Member

Are you ready to fire that thing up? I am anxious to see it run.

7. XStream Aquatics

Do you really want me to answer? I would be happy to give you some ideas...to help.

8. Chrysalis

Yes of course. Im always open to help and suggestions. Thats why im here.

:usflag:*trucewhiteflag*

Landscaped it today and had to get another pump shipped in so it will be running by tomorrow!

9. XStream Aquatics

Fisrt thing I notice is the lack of support on your pond wall under the falls. The weight of the rock along with deterioration of the soil is going to make the feature collapse. Most of the rock joints aren't staggered. I don't see a check valve nor do I notice any unions or quick disconnect to get the pumps out. The rock pile looks like a volcano, I think the scale is to big. Is there an overflow?? What size pumps are you using? The face of the waterfall rocks are all pretty much horizontal and then you laid all the edge rock hidding the liner diagonal, it really stands out. Not noticing any underlayment. I can almost bet if youy've fired it up yet that you had leaks in at least two spots that I can see. Just some thoughts.

10. Tyler7692

Tyler7692 LawnSite Bronze Member

Are you guys doing the hardscape work there? I have to agree with Xstream, looks totally unnatural (no offense).