1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Building a website

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by MJStrain, May 28, 2007.

1. MJStrain

MJStrain LawnSite Member

Never had a commercial website but the question coming to mind is how do you get people to it?
  2. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

spend money... you need to find ways to get your site crawled and recognized by search engines and then to get your site up in the listings to a top of the search area.
  3. toac

toac LawnSite Senior Member

post your add in craigslist.com. it's free!

ADMIREDLAWNS LawnSite Member

I second the CRAIGLIST.ORG, I have gotten jobs that were at the time to big for me to handle.
  5. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

Google and Yahoo both have search advertising. You set up an account, enter keywords, set spending limits, and you ad will show up when people search using your keywords.
  6. Bill S

Bill S LawnSite Member

MJ, send me an email, I will walk you through a couple of steps...
  7. tann3100

tann3100 LawnSite Member
    from TN

YOu can shoot me a email. I am the webmaster for our union www.springfieldlocal4510.com (although I havent updated it much latelyI can try and help you and getting the website crawled is no biggie just alot of extra code.
  8. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

be carefull,,,, you can tie up a lot of money and a TON of time doing this...

not sure about the areas you service But where I'm at prople dont even know what a computer is.......

Good luck