Building minus concrete

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Green-Pro, Feb 24, 2005.

1. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

O.K. Here are the pics of the nearly finished product, the concrete will go in as the weather turns. Three guys worked a total of two days on the frame, were gone on another project for about a week, came back and had steel on, windows and doors done in another two days. I like how the color turned out even though I had no say in it :) Really I didn't care a whit about the color buuutttt my wife.... well for those of you married I'll say no more. I like the building for additional storage, she wanted the colors to look good... go figure :blush:

-Geoff

upload1.jpg

upload2.jpg

upload3.jpg

2. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Looks Good. If you don't mind me asking? What did they get you for?
    I was contemplating building one myself next winter but am also opting for someone to put it up this early summer.

3. Green-Pro

No Problem, $14700 for everything, doors, windows, concrete and labor. I will do electric and any plumbing myself.
    For that price and getting it done so quickly I couldn't pass on it, no way could I get it done that fast!!

-Geoff

4. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Size and how high are the side walls? NICE.

Mac

5. Green-Pro

Thanks, 30 x 40 x 12. I thought briefly of building a bit smaller but used my personal rule of thumb, if I think it will do better go bigger/more. This has cost me some money at times in the short run but saved my bacon many times in the long one. Great thing with this building, when I grow I can expand out the side wall, the side where in the pic you can see the barns and windmill.

-Geoff

6. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Very nice, I'm looking for some land to do something similar. We have a tiny lot where I live :realmad: :realmad:.

7. cward

cward LawnSite Member

Green Pro,
    Very nice. Kind of like X-mas in February.

8. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Just curious, any reason why you didn't put rollup doors on each end so that you could just "drive through"?

9. Green-Pro

Thanks, yep very much like x-mas LOL.

Good point, reason was zoning, that is my pasture is fairly narrow and code for putting this up specified had to be 93 feet from the center of the road to the front of the building. I had enough room to put it length wise but still not enough room for door on both ends. The pasture also has a pretty good grade to it the closer to the road and even more so going the direction away from the other outbuildings. I didn't want to hassle with bringing it up to grade anymore than I needed to so there it sits on the flatest part of the ground I have.
    I could've taken a chance on the zoning thing but have actually seen the time when the county will make a guy tear it down and move it, just not worth the hassle.

-Geoff

10. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

Wow. Very nice. I am insanely jealous. Got any inside pics yet?

For some reason, all my life I've been fascinated with barns and hangers and big huge buildings with open space inside. Don't know what it is, but it absolutely fascinates me.

:D