1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Building new bed

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by DandG, Mar 16, 2007.

1. DandG

DandG LawnSite Member

hey im getting ready to build a new flower/shrub bed that is going to be about 20x3-4yards. i'm putting in new plants, mulching, and edging. I was wondering what you guys would charge for something like this. The customer is picking out the plants and I am going to haul them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Critical Care

Critical Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Will he go for time and materials? Setting a specific price surely depends upon how much and the type of mulch you're going to use as well as the type of edging. Allow for the time and distance of driving to pick up the plants, and allow for the extra time and effort needed if this flower bed is someplace not close to where you can unload things.

You gave the dimensions of the bed in yards, rather than feet. If thats the case, you can expect about 13 cubic yards of mulch spread 2" deep - less if the bed has lots of plants, or less if you only topdress the bed.