Built in grill

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by cgland, Oct 4, 2005.

1. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

Not the greatest pics, but it's something!

Chris

2. griffy77

griffy77 LawnSite Member

We are installing one the comes out from a wall. Hope to post some pics soon.

3. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

As I posted in another thread that is something I have never built...but I will next year. For me! .... Thanks for posting the pics it looks really good.

4. mbella

mbella LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, you were right, not the greatest. Seriously, that looks good.

5. cgland

Thanks!
    Mike - I always look forward to your .02. It's no huge rectangle, but ..........

Chris

6. Ben98gs

Ben98gs LawnSite Member

Looks good... I am planning on doing something similar next year when I build my patio (just getting my grass growing and going to tear up half the yard to install a patio... Why couldnt I have the money to finish everything at once... lol)

What brand of grill is that??? Did you buy a "Build in" kit like Weber sells (Summit Series I believe) or is it just a normal grill that you tore apart and adapted to fit???

7. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

That looks rather nice :)

One thing I CAN NOT stand is when contractors plop a grill down on the edge of a patio and STACK block up on both ends.

But that looks nice!

8. cgland

Thanks guys!

Chris

9. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

Chris ... could you provide me with some more info. I am presuming it is hollow inside.
    How did you lay the stone around the oven door... is it just sitting on top? Is the whole thing framed before you start laying the stone?

Do you have the customer pick out the grill and then design it? I'm thinking that if you supplied the BBQ that you are then responsible for the warranty of it.

Any technical info would be appreciated.

10. cgland

Kris - The grill is supplied by the customer. We get exact measurements from the grill co. and build our structure to them. You are correct, the structure is hollow except for the end. We built return walls and filled them with clean stone to add some stability. We build the structure, the granite people install the top (with cutouts for the grill, etc.) and the grill people drop the grill into place and run a bead of silicone around it. It basically just sits there, it is not attached in any way(other than the doors). The doors have an inside return with holes to affix the doors. I will post a sketch. hope this helps.

chris