Built my own machine today!! My first Job, PICTURE INSIDE!!!

Discussion in 'Seal Coating Forum' started by Loooogie, Jul 20, 2008.

1. Loooogie

Loooogie LawnSite Senior Member
    from YORK

[​IMG]

:laugh::laugh::laugh::waving::canadaflag:

I am just kidding, my machine is not done yet. I just thought this was a great picture I would share with you guys.

These guys did the job. I wonder how many gallons they used?

www.newenglandsealcoating.com

2. ORRUG2K

ORRUG2K LawnSite Member

ARE YOU USING A PRESSURE RELIEF VALVE... iM NOT SURE WHAT THATS ABOUT. I AM BUILDING ONE TOO... THANKS

3. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

we need pics

4. Loooogie

from YORK

I posted the pictures of my first job here..

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=239760&page=2

PRESSURE RELIEF VALVE..... It lets you control how much pressure goes into your wand and how much goes back into your tank.

Those cheap systems do not have one, so it is possible to get away without it but at the same time it is only 50 bucks or so.

5. blacktop

blacktop LawnSite Member
    from toronto

PRESSURE RELIEF VALVE is the way to go get the pressure you want at the hose and the rest goes back to the tank so your material is always mixed.

6. ORRUG2K

ORRUG2K LawnSite Member

pressure relief valve must be near the wand then. How is it used. The engine is consstantly pumping on the trash pump and what step is taken to send sealer to the wand. Im guessing the wand is on the post pump side line that goes back to the tank?

7. blacktop

blacktop LawnSite Member
    from toronto

This is how I plumbed mine:
    Tank connected to Ball Vale Shut Off connected to Y-Strainer connected to Pump connected to Manifold ( 2 tees and a nipple). So now there are there are there outlets off the pump. First outlet attach hose and wand, second outlet attach pressure gauge, thrid outlet attach pressure releif regulator and return line to tank.

I found that this set up works for me it releifs the pump wich will help it last longer mine has lasted 4 year now with no leaks and good pressure

8. ORRUG2K

ORRUG2K LawnSite Member

awesome blacktop... im trying to figure our the manifold setup with the two tees and a nipple and then i think i can build it. Wish you could draw it some how with dots and dashes like

line to hose
    _____l___
    l
    pressure valve

something like that if y ou can

9. blacktop

blacktop LawnSite Member
    from toronto

Tank----------Vale----------Y stainer-----------pump--------------------tee----------tee--------Pressure vale----------Tank
    i i
    i i
    Hose & i
    Wand i
    i
    Pressure
    Gauge

I hope this helps check out some of the websites that sell the systems to get a better idea.

Good luck, Let me know how it turns out ok

10. Loooogie

from YORK

Btop, Your system sounds alot like mine.

no bypass?