buisness costs?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by JB926, Feb 11, 2008.

1. JB926

JB926 LawnSite Member
    from NJ

i just wanted to know everyones opinion about the pricing i recieved for the following work. In my eyes I feel its a bit pricey but what do I know, I have nothing to compare it to. I Was hoping it was market value?

JB Web Page Quote - $2500
    Domain name / Web Server Setup
    Email setup
    custom graphic web design
    php / html coding
    Search Engine Submission
    Logo Development
    Business Card Design
    Letter Head Design
    JB Custom Flyer / Mailer

2. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I'm sure you can get it cheaper, and more expensive. But if they are doing a great job it might not be out of line. Logo design can become time consuming if you are rejecting a lot of their ideas. But once the logo is done, letter head and business card design are easy. The website is the difficult thing to figure without knowing what they are giving you - how many pages, any elaborate pages with some Flash designs, animation, etc.

My web master is my girlfriend, so I get a great deal!!!

3. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

The majority of that web stuff is dead simple (2 hours tops). The cost will go up when you start customizing it. What kind of features are you looking for?

I agree that making a logo can be difficult if you don't know what your doing. It really depends on how complex it is. Once you have the logo, you have a letter head and something to put on your business card.

Personally I would look at doing some of those thing separately.

4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I'd want to see some examples of the designer's work. Using someone who spells like Kiril would be your mistake :p

5. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

I always double or triple check my web stuff, posts on this forum are lucky to get checked once. In any event, if it weren't for pis por speeling, how would you and Mike be able to run up your post counts. :laugh:

6. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

awwww, I see big brother was here. This thread was hilarious, brought tears to my eyes. :cry:

7. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

they killed Tinkerbell!
    [​IMG]

8. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Yass....:::best hijack ever!

9. sprinklerchris

sprinklerchris LawnSite Senior Member
    from Georgia

Who's the supplier with that quote?

10. EagleLandscape