1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

buisness insurance

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by mak2, Jul 25, 2005.

1. mak2

mak2 LawnSite Senior Member

How much can I expect to pay per year and who is the best carrier for the mowing and landscaping buisness. There are some companies who tend to have the best rates in certain businesses, who is it for the green industry. I have an agent who has been our agent for 15 years, so I will get a quote from him soon as he gets back off vacation, just hoping you guys could help save me some research. O I do not plan of hiring employees until at least next spring, I have about $15k in equiptment. My truck insurance will stay with my current carrier because my wife is called Crash in the industry. :help:
  2. roushjh

roushjh LawnSite Member
    from KS

I think it varies by state.

It will vary by the amount of coverage you want too. I've seen like 300k on the low end. Most I think got with 500k to 1 million.

I have 1 million for upto 2 instances, I believe. My wife is the insurance person. Like I tell everybody, she not only sells insurance, but likes to buy it too.

My policy costs a little over $700 per year, I think.