buisness name input

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by mcmillanlawncare, Feb 7, 2006.

1. mcmillanlawncare

mcmillanlawncare LawnSite Member

i need help chosing a name for my business my lasname is mcmillan or i might use my nickname which is dmac and this is my services mow lawns, landscaping, driveway sealing
    please help me chose a name thats fits my services and if you saw my add it explains my services in my business name - whould dmac's lawncare or mcmillan lawncare fi th the cirteria should i use mcmillan landscaping what sould i go please reply back A.S.A.P

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

I think McMillian Landscaping sounds good, i like the last name. Soulds like Million!lol ide go with that

3. mcmillanlawncare

yeah but my main thing is mowing lawns hints the lawncare but.. with the driveway sealing should i do the mcmillan lawncare as one busineess witht eh lawncare parts mowing and landscpaing and do another named busines with the driveway sealing !!!!

4. mcmillanlawncare

also do you have a website

5. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

No i don't have a website yet, i am working on one though, i am my friends client for his web page design class. By the end of the semester, he has to have a fully operational professional website for me!!

NO don't do a seperate company, you only want one well established name! If its lawncare, the go with McMillian Lawncare. And on your cards and/or flyers have landscaping and driveway sealing on there as well. Or if you do all aspects of work around a property to do with the landscaping you could do something like McMillian Property Maintenance. Just a few suggestions

6. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

I think this is the best suggestion yet.

Rob

7. mcmillanlawncare

thanks alot dude
    ~im taking notes lol
    i got a trailer and truck and 3 mowers and im buying a new one and im only 17 so i have many years to add on to my business my parents wan tto me just stick with lawncare maintence cause its easy and not so time devoted thanks for the imput

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Are you married? I don't know why, but if you brought your spouse into it, it's like it would almost help...McMillan & Wife...That somehow has an almost "familiar" ring to it! :)

9. Trukfr8

Trukfr8 LawnSite Member

I kinda like - Dmac-
    what about Dmac Property maintenance, or Dmac Lawncare as a name and then on the truck/business card write landscaping and sealcoating or someting like that. I still like the Dmac name though. Or you can just be Dmac and put landscaping and sealcoating service.