1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Buissness Cards

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by jh88, Jul 23, 2003.

1. jh88

jh88 LawnSite Member

I've been thinking of getting some buissness cards just to kind of get my name around and maybe have a couple more yards next year. I want to mow and do cleanup since cleanup is where the real money is! But what do u actually put on the card. Besides your name and number. I have an idea of what it needs to be but i want different opinions. AND how much does it cost to print buissness cards.

Also are door hangers a good idea or a waste of money?
  2. GLAN

GLAN Banned

business cards are great. Every profesional has them.

You can do anything you want with the cards

Your company name and number

or add residential/commercial

Can also do a listing of services;

spring/fall cleanups
    weekly maintenance
    chemical program
    shrub trimming
  3. GLAN

GLAN Banned

My cards and advertising is short and sweet

Company name
    Certified, Registered, Licensed, Insured
    phone number
  4. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

i got 250 printed online for $10. They've closed 2 deals for me just, give them to everyone you meet, stick them in mail-boxes, when people ask for your number give them your card instead.

search www.google.com for a business card printer.
  5. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

Any major office supply place will make them for you. I got mine at Staples. Here's an idea: Put your name, number and business info on the front, a listing of services on the back.

6. A1 Grass

A1 Grass LawnSite Senior Member

Door hangers? I LIKE them. Get cheap ones here:

Door Hangers Direct

Full color business cards here: They look great. Here's their address:

PS Print
  7. EvandSeby

EvandSeby LawnSite Member

I bought a program on sale for $9.99 two years ago named, "My Business Cards". You can design your own cards or use templates. I have been using it ever since. I am sure there are similar programs out there if this particular one is not available. Good luck!
  8. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Here is a copy of my business cards. I orginally had everything on there but the list of services and what was up in the upper left hand side. I really wanted the list of services, so I put them on there. I wish I would of made the back side a copy of my pesticide license, but maybe next time. The front is gloss and raised 3 colors. I think I went with a white linen paper (not sure if it was linen, but is was not the basic paper). I paid $90 for 1000 at Office Depot. I am sure you can find them cheaper somewhere, but I wanted to make sure mine where high quality. Spend the extra money to make them look good.

Kinda looks crappy, but imagine it all white and clearer...lol

9. GLAN

GLAN Banned

So, you scalp lawns? Get paid extra for that.........do you?

j/k ;)

What does "scalping" mean? I may know of it by another name.
  10. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

They do it in the south in the spring. Cut the grass real low so it get's a head start.