Bulbs

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Slcareco, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Slcareco

Slcareco LawnSite Senior Member

How do you go about charging for bulb planting? x3 markup on the wholesale price (bulb and installed/bed prep) or how?? thanks

2. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

I asked this question about 3 months ago when I did fall bulbs.

I think I got around $2.75 a bulb for 250 generic tulip bulbs installed.

Before the ground freezing, I was going to do some high end tulip hybrids that I was going to charge $4.50 bulb.

I think I may have spent $75.00 on materials and about $15.00 on gas. It also took me a little over an hour with a drill auger, so, i felt like I made a good return on the project.

Some guys charge way more. Depends on what you can get I guess.

3. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

4. White Gardens

5. Slcareco

thanks guys for the help!

6. Slcareco

Did you create a sheet to collect client info, bulb qty, color, etc? What kind of process do you go through from start to finish... including advertising, payment, etc thanks!

7. Slcareco

Do you guys decide where to place the bulbs or ask the home owner where they would like it?

8. White Gardens

It's all in what the customer wants, with my suggestions of course.

I just kind of look at a site and get a feel for a color scheme, and suggest that to my customer and go from there.

All the bulbs I do are spring bulbs, so as soon as they bloom I take pics to know where they are in case I have a couple of bare spots and need to know where to fill in.

Unless I'm doing a very detailed, very unique set of bulbs for a customer, then I really don't keep a detailed record of them.