Bulk 2-cycle & 4-cycle oil?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bunton Guy, Feb 28, 2003.

1. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone know where to get bulk 2-cycle oil by the gallon?I have heard that Wal-mart sells their 2cycle oil by the gallon but I cant find it at any of my wal-marts they only sell the marine stuff by me. I get my Rotella 15W40 for the trucks and diesel equipment by the 5 gallon pail but cant seem to find someone who sells 10W30 & straight 30w for other equipment in the bulk 5 Gallon pails.

2. xpnd

xpnd LawnSite Senior Member

I get it from my dealer. I buy about 20 gallons a year of Echo oil on Pro Day and get a 10% discount on this and all purchases. This year however the price per oz for a five gallon bulk pail was higher than the per oz price of a case of 6 1 gal jugs. Go figure.

3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Like Xpnd said, Echo sells 2 stroke by the gallon and I think (but not positive) that Shindaiwa does too.

To get 10w30 or straight 30 in bulk just check with a local heavy truck shop and see where they get theirs.

4. goose

goose LawnSite Member

I buy Stihl oil in 5 gal buckets.I ts about $48 .We use a lot so I am always buying 2 0r 3 at a time. I looked into buying the 55 gal drum , but it doesnt save any money. Its $610.
    Goose

5. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for your help guys. I found some.