Bulk Dyed Mulch

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Meadowbrook, Feb 27, 2007.

1. Meadowbrook

Meadowbrook LawnSite Senior Member

I'm looking to find another supplier for my bulk dyed mulch. I was using a company down in the southern end of York Co., but their prices keep climbing-fast. What I got from them (and they trucked it in for me from Maryland) is dyed brown & black bark mulch. I was (and I think still am) the only contractor in my area to use dyed bark, everybody else uses shredded pallets. I do have a supplier for that type of mulch, but some of my new clients are requesting bark. Does anybody know where I can get the same stuff for this year? We're using around 10-12 tractor trailer loads per year give or take. Any help is appreciated.

Chris

2. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you remember what the name was on the truck?

3. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

Chris - Have you ever heard of Martin's Mulch? That is where we get all of our mulches. They are in Denver.

Chris

4. jeffscap

jeffscap LawnSite Member

Try this place we get it from there. They are pretty good.

http://www.woodbed.com/

5. Meadowbrook

Yea, I tried there. They said that they weren't taking on any new customers, so they referred me to the place I have now. I wish I could get it from Martin's, but they dont want me....:(

6. Meadowbrook

I was getting mine from Mighty Oak Mulch in Wrightsville. They ran their truck down to Maryland and brought it to me, so I'm not sure as to where they got it. I'm almost certain that they won't tell me either, so I haven't bothered asking. Are there any large scale co.'s down that way that do that?

Chris

7. jeffscap

jeffscap LawnSite Member

2nd post
    Have you tried the "Woodbed Co." ?Gave you the link below. They are about two hundred miles from you (Dover) in St. Mary's Pa.:waving:

8. Meadowbrook

Yep, called them today & talked to Bob. He was supposed to fax me a price list today, but I never got it. So we'll see what happens tomorrow.

Chris

9. NewHorizon's Land

NewHorizon's Land LawnSite Senior Member

Try Johnson Mulch Co. Thats who my supplier gets it from. Not sure if they will haul it that far but worth a shot. Good stuff too. 410-822-5476

10. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

Chris - If you ever need some mulch, let me know. I can have tractor trailer loads drop shipped to you. The delivery certainly wouldn't be what you are paying now. Plus they have THE best mulch. Probably exactly what you are looking for. We often use the dyed brown bark mulch. PM me and let me know.

Chris