Bulk flyers.

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by stevenf, Aug 16, 2007.

1. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

My plans to REALLY expand for next season was to start with 2-3k flyers in the newspapers. I was going to get mabey a 5.5"x8.5".....
    Is this worth the couple hundred to spend? Is it realy going to show a return in customers? Is 5.5x8.5 to small to be in newspapers? This wont be my only source of advertisement, but does it work like Ive read?
    Also, When should I do this? Dont want to be to early and dont want to be to late.....

2. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

I would be very surprised if you got an ad like that for that cheep.

3. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

If it's the general circulation newspaper in your area, I doubt it would pay off like you hope it will.

4. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

Am I missing something here? The title says bulk flyers, but then say 2-3,000 flyers. I put that out every week easily from march till may. When we get to busy and start paying our flyer delivery company to do it. They have a minimum of $4,000 per delivery which takes less than one day for them to put out. Shoot by myself I put out from 150-300 an hour depending if I walk or jog and the neighborhood.

5. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

you are not going to get much of anything from that think along the lines of 20k-30k

6. stevenf

ok. the 2-3k in the advocate isnt my only source of advertisement. Just asking if Its worth spending the couple hundred on? I also plan on flyers door to door. At the counter of a few resturants because I know the owners. Going door-door for small commercial. I have a trailer sign. Mabey a few ads in the classifieds and so on.
    From personal experiences, What would you reccommend for 20-30 accounts. Im in this myself and looking for full time work for next summer....
    Also, If the 2-3k are worth it, what month should they go out?

7. stevenf

anyone that can help me??

8. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

worth it or not, Noone can answer that Q...

it's hard to second guess the public.

any time u get your name out there it's a good thing.

from personal experances, I had some flyers printed up and never used them.
    My newspaper ads and word of mouth took off like wildfire.
    I start my ad's in MArch. and pull them in June....