Bulk lime purchase

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by lawn king, Jan 3, 2006.

1. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

Looking to buy 10 ton of pelletized lime next month, in southeastern massachusetts, trucking it myself. Last 2 years lowes was the best deal, any recommendations out there for a better price?

2. GrazerZ

GrazerZ LawnSite Senior Member

Try an Ag co op or and ag fert supplier. We find thier prices for pelletized lime hard to beat.

3. New Green

New Green LawnSite Member

Grazer,
    Can you pm me who you are using?

Thanks

4. GrazerZ

GrazerZ LawnSite Senior Member

New green, check your Lesco pricing on lime. I went to the website and checked, they seem to have gone down below the supplier that I PM you about.

5. CharlieBingo

CharlieBingo LawnSite Senior Member

I paid $8.50 per bag for pelletized lime at lesco never again!

6. Lawnmasters

Lawnmasters LawnSite Member

I buy mine from a wholesale seed/fertilizer supplier that delivers in my area. $2.85 a bag 40#

7. JWTurfguy

JWTurfguy LawnSite Senior Member

$8.50 a bag??? There had to be a mistake, Charlie. I would ask your sales rep about it. Are you sure you didn't pay a retail price (versus wholesale) for, say, calcitic lime?? Maybe the guy entered the wrong sku?? There's no way 50# pelletized dolomitic lime at LESCO goes for that much....take off 3 dollars and you're about right...

Shane

8. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

Lescos lime is terrible, it's full of big chunks of limestone and very dusty!