bulk mulch

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by LWNMWR1, Mar 20, 2003.

1. LWNMWR1

LWNMWR1 LawnSite Member

i was just researching past mulch threads for an up coming bid and i am surprised by the prices that you have for mulch. where do you get bulk mulch fo $ 10 yard??? canada maybe? please share:)

2. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

Around 13-15 here.:)

3. LWNMWR1

LWNMWR1 LawnSite Member

what kind of mulch, double ground hemlock cedar pine???

4. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

$10/yd seems wicked cheap to me also. I get all my mulch from a local nursery, and he cuts me a deal and gives it to me $7/yd cheaper than what the public gets it for. Depending on what mulch you get its anywheres from $21-27/yd. id assume if you got a tractor trailer load delivered it would be even cheaper... but $10 is definately a good deal. that depends on the type of mulch too.

5. double e

double e LawnSite Member

From lower Delaware- get mulch bulk- $10.50 per yard- double shredded- nice looking mulch

I know of at least 8 places I can get whole sale mulch for 10-15 dollars per yard

6. Butchs Lawn

Butchs Lawn LawnSite Member

6.50yd,for shredded red oak,,,,or oak wood chips,12$yd we also have dyed color bark,,,havn,t priced that yet,,,

7. LWNMWR1

LWNMWR1 LawnSite Member

ours comes from canada and it costs us about 25 to 28 /yd cheaper by a little bit if in bulk. seems odd to me that you all can get this stuff so cheap when we are the ones with the trees?! a little foreshadowing for the rest of you!!

8. polecat63

polecat63 LawnSite Silver Member

I can get it for $9.50 a yard but I gotta but I gotta buy 50 yards at a time.

9. LakeSide Lawn and Landscape

LakeSide Lawn and Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

I can get it for 6.80 per yard but that is an 80 yard tractor trailer load of double ground pine mulch.It does look real good though.It passes for the state and they are more picky than any of our customers here.Put out 2 loads at the rest areas.

10. LWNMWR1

LWNMWR1 LawnSite Member

so that is good looking pine mulch? where does it come from? do you know?