1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Bulkmail postcards??

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by CleanCutMowers, Apr 12, 2007.

1. CleanCutMowers

CleanCutMowers LawnSite Member
    from SE MO

Would you guys recommend doing the bulk mail? I have got a few areas and a price quote but I wondered how effective it was, Has it worked for you all? I think 10 new accounts would be great. Right now I am set up for just over a thousand. And is it to late to send these out? Thanks in advance!

2. CleanCutMowers

from SE MO

I know some of you have done it?

3. cward

cward LawnSite Member

If you have to purchase the list, verify the zip codes. Focus on target areas that can afford lawn care. You probably won't have a lot of sucess if your mail goes to the "hood."

4. NELawnCare

NELawnCare LawnSite Member

This year will be my first bulk mailing. About 10,000 pieces. I will start with my first mailing in Aug/Sep timeframe and send another in Mar/Apr 08.

5. CleanCutMowers

from SE MO

Who is doing yours and how much is it costing you?

6. NELawnCare

NELawnCare LawnSite Member

I've been in contact with these folks:

http://www.postcardmailings.com/main.cfm

They are a full-service shop. I designed my own 8.5x5.5 postcard, but they are going to print and mail it.

7. Ecoscape01

Ecoscape01 LawnSite Senior Member

I just emailed them for a quote. I like the whole full service idea. I just design the postcard using their template, submit it, tell 'em what zip codes and property values I want, pay, and then wait. I'm gonna try it. I didn't have the money for this before but after next week I will have generated enough income from my business to justify the expense. I can't wait. Seems like a good deal.

8. lsylvain

lsylvain LawnSite Senior Member

How did the mailing come out? I have sent out a bunch of small postcards with zero results. I was thinking of upping to the larger sizes to see if that makes a difference.

9. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Do a search.... there are tons of people who have done it.....

I have NOT it's to expensive for me........

I think the return rate is like 2 to 3 %

10. Lawn_Boy

Lawn_Boy LawnSite Member