1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

bull rider sulky

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by colawn, Jun 12, 2006.

1. colawn

colawn LawnSite Member
    from co

How do you guys like them? How much do they cost? I am just trying to get some info on them b/c I'm tired of walking 100 lawns a week. Is it fast to disconnect for areas you can't use it? (I do yards that are 8000sq ft and under)
    Thanks for the info
  2. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

Here is the link to the manufacturer:

Click on "Bull Rider" icon, and another window will come up with information.

I'm sure you can e-mail them for a list of dealers. The last I knew, no direct sales from manufacturer.

Or, you can go to this site (Power Equipment Warehouse):

I see they have the Bronco in their catalog, but they probably also can send you a Bull Rider.

I use my BR behind a 36" Exmark Viking, hydro, 15hp. Bull Rider will work in two modes, caster mode or trailer mode. I intended to use caster mode, but my mower is too small and too light to work that way. I have used it in trailer mode for several seasons and like it very much. In trailer mode, turning takes some experience to get good, but it works well. It has paid for itself over, and over, and over, and over ... Quality is good. The unit is very heavy and sturdy. I have replaced the pivot bolt in the hitch because of wear, but no problems otherwise. The platform is comfortable to stand on, much better than the one-wheeled Velke it replaced.

If you ONLY intend to use in trailer mode, then the Bronco model may satisfy your requirements. I have not used the Bronco, so cannot comment.
  3. PTOhioMower

PTOhioMower LawnSite Member

I suggest a Proslide XT!!
  4. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

I've had a bull rider on my Hustler super WB from day one and the mower now has about 650 hr. I use the sulky about 90% of the time on lawns from 3k to 30k+ sqft. The bull rider is a good fixed sulky and easy to take on and off. I don't even use the "dual mode" or trailering mode" The joints are starting to get a little loose so I will probably replace some bushings at the end of this season.
    mIne was about $350 3 years ago.
  5. colawn

colawn LawnSite Member
    from co

thanks guys for the response. I have looked at the proslide but aren't they like $500 or something? Does the bull rider go over rock, and sand ok or is it a pain. Some of my lawns have rock I go through to get to the grass. Thanks again
  6. PTOhioMower

PTOhioMower LawnSite Member

New they are usually around $400. You can find them on ebay from time to time for quite a bit of savings.

I found a place selling the original proslides for $279.99 online. Search around you can find a good deal. I cant imagine using anything but a proslide. With those wheels you feel every little bump, hole, stick, rock, but with the proslide its smooth sailing!! Plus if you dont want to use it you just step off of it and it retracts up out of the way. The only downside is you cant ride in reverse, which for me is no big deal.

But goodluck in getting something soon. I cant imagine walking 100 lawns a week. I hope you have good shoes.
  7. macaw

macaw LawnSite Senior Member

I got one for sale pm me for the price.only has about 20 hours on it.