Bullet Size?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by rvsuper, May 27, 2003.

1. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

What size of a bullet do you guys use for 1" PVC? The one I have right now seems kind of small.

2. earthtool

earthtool LawnSite Member

Okay lets start afresh. I will take you for face value for now . But just take a second and step back so that you can really review your past post with some objectivity. If you had already pulled in pipe on " other side of the lawn " it tends to lean the reader to believe you had never pulled pipe before. So... that is why you received the less than friendly responses before. Now this could be viewed as feeding you information that you already know, but like I said, am taking you for face value for now! Two inch...it makes a tunnel large enough that the pipe pulls smooth along with the wire. Chinese fingers I believe are the best for holding the pipe.

3. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

The one I use from Triple D manufacturing is 2.5" I believe.

4. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

earthtool-
    There is my problem--When I've been pulling in PVC lately, it's been getting scratched up pretty bad and that's why I asked what size of a bullet you guys are using since I don't think mine is big enough.

Well that solves the problem, I will get a bigger one.

Harold, Where can you get the Triple D bullets?

5. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

Triple D products are distributed through John Deere Landscapes and I'm sure other irrigation suppliers as well. I can get you a direct number if you can't find their product in local distribution.

6. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

Have you ever tried the Quick Grip by TKHP? As of now I just have the original Ditch Witch one but that one by Tom King looks pretty sweet to me.