Bullnose Paver Coping

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by 99SDPSD, May 30, 2001.

1. 99SDPSD

99SDPSD LawnSite Member

The past 2 days I have been installing Bullnose Paver Coping on a 20'x40' swimming pool. Does anybody have any faster way of grouting the spaces with concrete? We have been using the old fashoned trowel method.

2. paul

paul Lawnsite Addict

You must like doing things the hard way:)
    Look for a comerical pastry bag.
    Are these concrete pavers? or clay?

3. steveair

steveair LawnSite Bronze Member

Hello,

I'm a little confused. I thought, that if did coping around a pool, you basically set and point at the same time. I mean, you set one bullnose, place mortar in between, press the next bullnose against that (squeezing the mortar between the one you are placing and the one set) and so on and so on, and then after you get a few few done, go back and point them out before the mortar sets too stiff.

I could be completely wrong as I have only really done jobs using paver adehesive to adhere bullnose concrete pavers to the pools edge and then but the bullnoze next to each other (no joints) with a little more adhesive in between on the sides.

I don't do to many pools though.

If anything, Paul is right with the pastry bag. Thats the way to go.

steveair

4. 99SDPSD

99SDPSD LawnSite Member

Paul they are concrete pavers Nicoloc brand glued down on a steel wall vinyl liner pool.

5. paul

paul Lawnsite Addict

Use a good grade of caulk!

6. SCL

SCL LawnSite Senior Member

There is a bag much like the pastry bags that are made specifically for mortar. Check with your local brickyard.

7. 99SDPSD

99SDPSD LawnSite Member

Well guys we found a great way to do the pointing on the coping. It is a pointing device it goes on a cordless or corded drill for power. It has cut the time of pointing by over 1/2. We did a sweeping curve pool 260 joints pointed in 5 hrs. :cool:

8. greens1

greens1 LawnSite Senior Member

How does this device work ? Is it like a mini pumper truck ?

Jim L

9. 99SDPSD

99SDPSD LawnSite Member

greens1 How does this device work ? Is it like a mini pumper truck ?

Jim L It is made out of plastic and attaches to a drill corded or a cordless that powers an auger screw that ejects the concrete through a nozzle. There is a hopper that you fill with concrete.

10. FIREMAN

FIREMAN LawnSite Senior Member
    from n.j.

WHERE DID YOU FIND THIS LITTLE GEM????