BullRider Sulky

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Barker's Lawn Care, Jan 31, 2003.

1. Barker's Lawn Care

Barker's Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Does anyone own a bullrider sulky by trimmer trap? They look like a very good, study, and quality sulky. I would like to purchase one in march or june. Please respond with comments and PRICES! that you paid(if u dont mind).

Thanks!
    Jeremy

2. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

I've seen the Bullrider for $300 the other one $240. If this is for a

hydro w/b look at the Lesco very similiar hydro only. ED

3. Barker's Lawn Care

Barker's Lawn Care LawnSite Member

This will be for my brand new 48"hydro 17 kaw. Yazoo/Kees

4. MacKenzie

MacKenzie LawnSite Member

I got a Bull Rider for my Turf Tracer HP for $300.00. Have'nt seen it yet though - still on order.

5. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

My Bullrider is 2 years old. I'm happy with it. I run in the castored mode only. The mounting stance is very wide with absolutely no flex and the mounting bracket is also approximately 1/2" x 2" solid steel. Please note, I regularly "mow" backwards, backup all the time and zero turn as possible. The Bullrider will allow any type of movement in any direction, exacting the same as you would if moving forward only.
    Pete

sulky1.jpg

6. jhawk71

jhawk71 LawnSite Member

I was also curious about the bull rider. Is it possible to put it on a belt drive or should I just go with a trailering sulky? I would think it would work on a belt drive, but i just wouldnt beable to do reverse. Also are there any web sites that carry it. I have only found one dealer in town that carrys it (400). I hear people saying 300, but where!?!?
    Jhawk71

7. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Pete

Are those the stock wheels on your Bullrider?

Also it looks like you have a pad on the platform?

Did you have to do any modifying to mount it to your Hustler?

8. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

I "think" the Bullrider is the only sulky that allows changing from castor mode to trailing mode, and all in about 20 seconds. It also does either equally well.

9. doa

doa LawnSite Member
    from Est. TN

Switchless is that a pad or somthing to stand on. Have been thinking about the bullrider also.

10. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Switchless,

I think I already asked this but forgot already. You disconnect it rather than folding it up when you want to walk right? Where does it disconnect at?