1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bump Head on Shindawia

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, Aug 10, 2003.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

The bump head my one shindawia has worn out again. This is two times in the last year. Once it happened a month after I bought it, and now it just happened again this week.

None of my other trimmers, and I mean none, have gone through even one head. What is the deal with this?
  2. pinnacle

pinnacle LawnSite Senior Member

Tide man I have the 2003 shiny catalog right next to me and I can see 4 different types of tap heads 4' pro head, 6'prohead,promatic head and semi-matic head. I would ask the dealer whats best if your wearing them down that fast. I run a tap head on my T260 (not sure what one) but I use the tap on all my drive, curb and walk way edges etc and have had that one since I bought it in mid 2001 and use it about 3 hours a day sometimes for a lot longer.
  3. tiedeman

from earth

thanks for info..I do know that they upgraded my tap head the first time that it wore out...I am just kind of upset that this is happening so much. Where did you get the catalog?
  4. tiedeman

from earth

I just emailed shindaiwa about the problem and let's see how long it will take them to contact me about it.
  5. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Stop bumping them on concrete.
  6. tiedeman

from earth

the concrete isn't the issue because none of my other trimmers have gone through a bump head. Now if others had, then yes the concrete would be the issue.
  7. pinnacle

pinnacle LawnSite Senior Member

Yeh i'd be upset to if i'd gone through two in year.
    I just asked my shiny dealer for the catlouge.Lots of good stuff in it (in the feild repair kits, Sthill head adaptors more adaptors etc)
  8. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Which head is it? Mine have the Pro-matics, and other than a couple bump buttons wearing out a couple-three times, they have given me no trouble.
  9. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

Hows it goin neighbor. I would be interested in those adapters mate. I've got the new Shin T2500x (The 4 stroke) I had my choice of heads and I got the manual feed because I dont like the "Button" type tap heads which was really the only other one to pick from. I just like the "normal" tap n go heads. So am I right in that I could get an adapter for the Sthil head or maybe a Kawi? How much are they in the catalog?
  10. PetalsandPines

PetalsandPines LawnSite Member

Shindaiwa's heads suck. Mine wore out in two months. Switched to a "GATOR" Head? No problems so far, but I still say that STIHL makes the best heads.