Bunch of pics

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Scag48, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Thought I'd post of a bunch of pics on my only day off this week. Some of these pics are 2+ years old, I may have posted them before so bear with me if you've seen a few of them already.

Small, 10 acre orchard removal job. This was 2 weeks before we took delivery of our 312, spring of '06
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just about done with 95 acre orchard removal, shut the machine down for the day. I think at this point we had about 10 acres to finish in the next 16 hours, I started the next day at 4:30
    [​IMG]

Working by the lake
    [​IMG]

The '01 F450 we had, 7.3 Powerstroke, 12' Knapheide flatbed, Tommy lift gate. This picture was right before we sold it, I had a 110 gallon transfer tank in the back and dual strobes up top. I didn't run with the sides on it either, great truck for excavation, I carried a 48" cleanup and the 24" trenching buckets on it while transporting the 312, easier to just throw them on the flatbed then screw around getting them on the equipment trailer. I hauled all sorts of stuff, 20' runs of CMP, 1,000 pound bags of compost, all sorts of stuff. I'd typically help move all the attachments when dad moved the landscaping crew, I could get the Harley and grapple on the truck, he'd take the trencher, combo bucket, and forks on the trailer with the 216. We moved the 277B with a 20' gooseneck that we have, it was overweight on the tilt bed trailer we have to move the smaller stuff. The 312 was always moved by a buddy of mine, we had some good times getting that machine on and off his crappy trailer a few times.
    [​IMG]

Doing a little work at my parent's new vacation house, Spring '07
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The last set is working for my buddy. The first few were on a commercial site we were on basically the entire time I worked for him, a good 2.5 months
    [​IMG]

Vio 55-5
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Buddy's Pete 379
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JDSKIDSTEER

JDSKIDSTEER LawnSite Bronze Member

3. coopers

coopers LawnSite Bronze Member

You guys still have that 312? I assume that's the '120' size cat?

4. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I wish my dad still had the 312. He sold it because he didn't want to run the excavation side of the business without me, which was stupid because he knew I was headed back to college at the end of the summer when he bought it in the spring. Basically, my dad isn't capable of doing excavation, he can't read plans nor would he want to try to learn. It was an awesome machine, perfectly setup for the work we were doing. I wish I had some pics of the 277B we had as well, what a monster of a machine.

5. Fieldman12

Fieldman12 LawnSite Bronze Member

I like the pics Scagg! Do you have any pics of the MTL you guys use to won.

6. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Cool pics and nice equipment

7. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

Nice Pete!!..Very nice equipment!!

8. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

Scag, why were the orchards being demoed? Is it for development or something else? Just curious.

9. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Typically, the orchards would come out because it wasn't profitable to farm anymore. There were cases where the orchard sat on valuable view property and was built on. I've done at least 7 or 8 different orchards, totalling more than 150 acres. I'll see if I can get some pics of the valley back home, it would explain a lot when it comes to land value. Let me do some digging on the internet.

10. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Alright here's a few pictures. I couldn't find exactly what I wanted, but they should suffice.

This first one was taken by Richard Uhlhorn, a friend of mine in the photography business. This shot was taken about 6 miles up the lake, Chelan sits at the base of the lake. This photo is overlooking parts of Manson, another town 7 miles from Chelan.
    [​IMG]

This one is a little closer to town on the same side of the lake, about 4 miles uplake. If you look straight across, you can see quite a bit of green. That's all orchard and my parents house is in the picture there, just tough to point it out.
    [​IMG]

This one is about 12 miles up on the opposite side of the lake. My parents own a 3/4 acre lot in a wooded subdivision about 1/8 mile from where this photo was taken looking straight up lake. The orchard in view is the only one in the area, there isn't another for about 5 or 6 miles in any direction. It sits on some gnarly ground, I watched them pull part of it out when I was 12 or 13 to replant about 10-15 acres of it. Saw an excavator on some ridiculously steep ground, I guess that motivated me to get after it when I was pulling trees.
    [​IMG]

This last one is a picture of some boys in the business I know back home. This is a typical shoreline or "steep ground" job that I'm used to. Not much room to work and you're sitting in some interesting places. This is a textbook site for us back home. You can see slope beyond the road where the truck is sitting, things can get very steep, very fast. People don't care, if it can be designed to fit on the site, they want it built. Lots of benching required and strapping yourself into the machine via seatbelt.
    [​IMG]

There's still a lot of ground where houses can be built in the Valley. But, lakefront is where everyone wants to be.