1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bunton 52inch Zero.....................

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PROCUTSLAWNCARE, May 4, 2005.

My cousin just bought a Bunton 52 inch zero turn today. Are they any good??? Whats your thoughts???

2. grassmanvt

grassmanvt LawnSite Senior Member

What year and engine? I love my buntons, very reliable, awesome cut. I just bought two new ones, these will be my fourth and fifth bunton ztr units. So, long story short, I like em.
  3. bscill

bscill LawnSite Member
    from KY

I have the the BZT-2230 ztr and I love it. Cuts awesome.
  4. Lazerj

Lazerj LawnSite Member

I have a Bobcat. I think those are the same as Bunton. Love mine. Cuts great. I also added an ezchute striping roller and a ezchute ocdc.
  5. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Bunton is basically the same machine as bob cat and Jacobsen ztr's.
  6. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

I kinda think my name says it all? Really I own mostly bobcats now as people said before same mower owned by textron yadda yadda yadda....to me its the same as most all mowers (high end for that matter) its a great mower. Never had any problems that anyone else hasent had. I change belts,oil & filters and sharpen blades and I have put thousands of house on with no big problems.

Models 7-10 years ago had problems with decks cracking....but hey 10 years ago most all mowers did expecially if its still around. They are tough mowers just like scag,ferris,exmark,toro etc..etc..
  7. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Bunton Guy,

From what you say, it seems I may have been too harsh with my presumptions of these mowers. I've never really considered them because every time I look at them "of match sticks and tin cans" comes to mind.

But it sounds like I am wrong. You seem to be very happy and having great luck with them. Which models do you run and what other brands did you try before getting hooked on these? Also, do you feel Textron is in the same league as say Hustler or eXmark when it comes to customer support?

The new Predator Pro seems like a strong option.