1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bunton 61"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MattsMowing3535, Aug 14, 2006.

1. MattsMowing3535

MattsMowing3535 LawnSite Senior Member

Im just wondering about the bunton brand of mowers. I am thinking about getting an older 61" one with a 18hp briggs. (hydro) Any info on them would be great :)
  2. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

My dad had an older bunton w/b and it was pretty good.
  3. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Not sure if you talking riding or walk behind but that sounds very underpowered for that size deck. Maybe personal or light use. Not sure of Bunton quality but some one on this board should be able to help you.
  4. Eakern & Dog

Eakern & Dog LawnSite Senior Member

I was considering getting a used one as well. Everything I researched pointed to them being well built mowers. However, there was a lack of available dealers/repair folks for my area. Check for repair and parts availability for your area.

The above link is there dealer locator website but you may be better off just calling around to local shops
  5. MattsMowing3535

MattsMowing3535 LawnSite Senior Member

It is a walk behind. So i was thinking maybe it wouldnt be that underpowered. But i have no clue im just a begginer at this.
  6. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I mean years ago an 18hp/61 would be normal but anymore that may be a little low. How many lawns and what size do you do per week. Maybe that would help someone tell you abit more. Are you going to stay in the business, any plans for expansion? If your going to grow much I would say walk away an invest in a good modern WB or ZTR. Best investment you'll ever make If you are going to stick with it. Any older piece of equipment may need repairs that are not obvious at first. You may have much more in it after mowing awhile. Have someone that knows mowers in your area look it over if that's what you intend to buy.