1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bunton / Bobcat ZT

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bjw, Sep 5, 2002.

1. bjw

bjw LawnSite Member
    from Florida

This is my first post, and I want to say thanks to all those who contribute to this forum. About 6 weeks ago I realized it was time to retire my old 48 ZT Country Clipper and search for a new mower. Reading this forum has been a great help in deciding what I should look for. I have looked at the Dixie, Scag, and Exmark based upon your opinions and liked them all. I am not in the business but have to mow approx. 8 acres weekly in South Florida on the weekends. It seems the older I get the less time on a mower the better. After considerable research I agree that there is no perfect mower, but had decided that the 27HP LC, 60" Exmark Lazer was my best choise. Then.... I ran across a local dealer who has the Bunton / Bobcat line. He has a new Bobcat ZT-331 - a 31HP Daihatsu, with a 72" Electric deck lift. He offered this unit at $8,500 which is exactly what the Exmark was offered to me. The Bobcat is not a flashy as the Exmark but seemed very well built and the same Exmark unit would cost over $11,000.00 If any of you have the same Bunton/Bobcat mower or experience with them to give me an opinion as to worth, quality, etc. compared to the Exmark, it would certainly be appreciated.
  2. LakeSide Lawn and Landscape

LakeSide Lawn and Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

We use all bobcat mowers i dont have the one you are looking at but i love the ones we do have! they give me great service ours are the 218 es 52' with kawasaki engines.:blob4:
  3. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

Bobcat mowers are very good machines. They are built with the same quality that Exmarks are. I would say the cut is also on Par with exmark. Overall they will to be about the same qualit cut and durability.

4. Tony Harrell

Tony Harrell LawnSite Senior Member

I've had some people tell me that there's a difference in the spindle construction. Some people like the cast iron construction better. I don't really know myself. I have a Bob-Cat wb and love it. The Bunton (Walker lookalike) is about $6000 here (eXmark/Bunton dealer) and there's a lot of them being used.