BUNTON BTW 2330 with 33 Horse GENERAC

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chickenman68, Jul 27, 2006.

1. chickenman68

chickenman68 LawnSite Member

hello to all of you...i own a farm here in North Carolina and have done landscaping as well for about 20 years...i had been looking at zero turn mowers for a few months..i decided to go with the Bunton...have any of you here had any experience with them..and also the Generac..i have some kawi motor's on other equiment but the guy that is selling me the mower swear's by the generac..said he's sold alot of them lately and they are doing great i even called and checked behind him with some of the guy's and they seem to love them..say they have a tremendous amount of power...just thought i'd ask what everyone thought..thanks for the info

2. Eakern & Dog

Eakern & Dog LawnSite Senior Member

I was looking in to buying a used Bunton and posted here asking questions. I found only a few people on this forum that had any experience with them. Furthermore, when I called around to several repair shops in my area ( atlanta) NONE of the shops worked on Buntons. The corp. website is of no use as well. Take a look for yourself

http://http://www.jacobsencorp.com/

Go to bottom of the Jacobsen home page under the Bunton icon. Do a dealer and repair look up for your area and see if there are any repair places close to you before you buy one. The dealer/repair shop locater interface is slow,so go make a sandwich and comeback your computer.

3. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

A new Bunton isnt a problem as far as parts go. They are the same as a Bobcat and they were even selling them in red as Jacobsens for a while. I thought they were phasing out the Bunton name but maybe not...

The machine is great. But the Generac...I wouldnt have one of those. I have nothing against the engine...its just when you do have problems or need parts for the engine that is where the fun begins. Parts lookup is a joke and usually takes a phone call at the very minimum. Any of the other engine manufacturers have a much larger dealer network in place.

What do you plan to use it for and what size are you looking at deck wise? I would get the 26 HP Briggs before a Generac if your use is not going to be very heavy. Or just stick to a Kawasaki or Kohler if you plan to use it quite a bit.