bunton bullet

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 1949chev34, Nov 23, 2007.

1. 1949chev34

1949chev34 LawnSite Member

hi. how are bunton. i am looking at a 48'' walkbehind bullet that is close. should i go with it since it is in pretty good shape or go with a scag or exmark. thanks for any advice. mike

2. BanvilleLawnCare

BanvilleLawnCare LawnSite Member

What kind of properties do you have? Are you totally settled on a gear-drive unit? I had a 36'' toro gear drive and on the smallish lots that I mow the belt drive was a pain and got old real fast.

3. 1949chev34

i don't have any accounts as of yet but, i plan yo get small to medium lawns small being moble home park lawns. i am new so i don't know what is best for me. i know i want a 48''. thanks alot, mike

4. BanvilleLawnCare

BanvilleLawnCare LawnSite Member

It sounds like you are looking to buy something used so I would look for a 48'' hydro walk-behind in good condition with low hours. The hydros have instant reverse and do less damage to the turf than the gear-drives.

5. 1949chev34

thanks alot. what is instant reverse? what do gear drive rip the lawn. thanks ,mike.

6. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

if it's one of the older bunton bullets floating deck machines, P.O.S!!!! More service bulletins then you can imagine!!

Plus....GOOD LUCK getting parts and service!!! I stuck with Bunton as long as I could. No support from the top down.