Bunton BZT2250

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tkbrown.lc, Apr 18, 2004.

1. tkbrown.lc

tkbrown.lc LawnSite Member

I have searched through the prostings and I haven't seen a whole lot on this particular mower, so if someone can point me to a thread, I would appreciate it, otherwise, I'm looking for thoughts on whether this is a good deal or not:

2002 Bunton BZT 2250
    61" Deck
    Hydro. deck lift
    25h Kawaski (new in June 03)
    400 hrs

Are these mowers reliable?

Anything I should be looking for before I purchase this?
  2. lawn8646

lawn8646 LawnSite Member
    from Florida

I own a 52" with the 25 horse kohler. All the mechanics I talk to say a Kawi is the best in the lower horse power but to definitely go with kohler in the 25 horse.
    I am not pushing one brand or the other. I have kawi's on my walkbehinds and never had a problem and have 25 kohler on my bunton with no problems.
    Talk to a trusted mechanic and get there thoughts. Hope this helps. By the way the price is right in line if the machine is not banged up.
  3. tkbrown.lc

tkbrown.lc LawnSite Member

Is this a case of the Kawi just isn't as good as the Kohler, but is still a good engine, or that the Kawi is a terrible engine in the 25 horse model?

The machine has a few scapes and scratches on it, but they look to be mostly cosmetic.

The dealer will split the cost ($45) of new blades for the mower, is that price about right?

I will be mowing about 4 acres once a week with this mower. I would think that this would be considered light duty, and therefore the mower should last a long time, provided I maintain it properly. Is that a fair assumption?