Bunton mower??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Shuter, Aug 10, 2004.

1. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

Looking for opinions on Bunton Mowers?? Quality, durablity, etc.
    Looking at 48" Hydro. Not sure of the motor size.

2. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

I've used them before, they're pretty good units.. No dealer close to me though.

3. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

as of about 7 years ago I looked at them.

and they were built solid ashell.

if one came on the market in the right condition and for the right price and I was in the right need, I'd strongly consider it.

GEO

4. C.T. Lawn Care

C.T. Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

i have a 36" with a 15hp kaw. and this thing is a beast.... i have cut down 4.5' tall grass with this and it barraly bogged down.. it is strong as hell and gives a great stripe!

5. TrueTrim1

TrueTrim1 LawnSite Member

I've got a six year old 36" Bunton w/b with a 12.5, and it is still in excellent running condition. It looks somwhat like it was put together like an erector set, but it is very solid and tough. I like the simplicity of its design. It is easy to work on, and it seems to cut well for me. If I got a good deal on another one I'd probably by it.

6. PbInvestor

PbInvestor LawnSite Member

I have had a 36" Wb for going on 3 years now. It has a 13hp Tecumsa. BUT...I have nothing to compare it to...It's all I have ever had.

Looking to get a ZTR soon though.

-Jay

7. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

There's a reason Textron bought Bunton, strong designs and a loyal following. There are strong similarities between most of Textron commercial equipment but, there's some big differences between they're gear drive walkbehinds. Bunton uses a different transmission and the wheel belts and pulleys are different, at least this years models. Bottom line, Bunton is a strong mower and should do the job for you.

8. AuburnGuy

AuburnGuy LawnSite Senior Member

I have been wondering about bunton myselft. Thier hydro walkbehinds look pretty nice. I like the controls.