Bunton Mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by pjslawncare/landscap, Jun 2, 2006.

1. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone have a Bunton? How well do they hold up & perform and can u get parts for them. Looking at a 52" hydro wb

2. cborden

cborden LawnSite Member
    from 46140

I have an old 52" belt drive, used it as a front line mower for a few years and now it's a spare. My Bunton is still a very good mower, I've just moved to mainly SCAGs in 48" and 61" decks. I get Bunton parts from MacAllister Machinery 5401 Elmwood, Indpls In. 46203 317-788-4624. It's an Indpls. address but they are in Beechgrove. Hope this helps.

3. i've got a 52" hydro, never have had any problems with it, we got it at Bluegrass Lawn and garden on Dixie highway in Louisville.

4. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

My first big machine was a Bunton 36" I bought in 1991. It was a good machine, but finding parts started to become a problem, and I was just putting too much time and money into the machine after 7 years. Good machines if you can find a good dealer near you.

5. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

least amount of maintenance out of all of our equipment has been on our bobcat & buntons

we have everride, bobcat, bunton, yazoo kees, great Dane & hustler. by far our bunton & bobcats have been nearly maintenance free as far as breakdowns

6. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought a Bunton WB in 1986, that mower was horrible (but these were the old days LOL). It was the variable speed trans., would bog down in slightly wet grass, discharge was bad, although the pistol grip controls were light as a feather.

I said a few years later I would never buy another Bunton, but last year I bought a 48" WB with the Z controls, this is A GREAT MOWER. Absolutely SMOOTH performance, perfect turns without divots, perfect cut, no effort on the hands. But it took getting used to. I think this is the best WB out there now, but it wasn't cheap.

7. Signature Landscaping1

Signature Landscaping1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

I ran a 1989 Bunton last year. I was amazed with it's performance. It had a newer 13hp Honda, 48'' deck, gear drive. The pistols were comfortable. It striped like a champ.

8. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

i bought a bunton last year. the year of the mower is in the early 1980's. never had a problem with it but hoping to get a ztr this year.

9. F Haney

F Haney LawnSite Member

I have a 1998 48" belt drive that I bought new and used it as a front line mower for 2-3 years, and now have it has a back-up to my Z Toro. It mowed great and I never had a problem with it. In fact, I never even fired it up last year and it still runs great after sitting over a year. I could use it tomorrow if I needed it. It has a 15 HP Kohler engine. If you have a dealer nearby that could supply any needed parts I give a thumbs up to the Bunton.