Bunton mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by vader, Mar 8, 2000.

1. vader

vader LawnSite Member
    from MS

I am planning on buying a Bunton 14 Kaw with a 48 inch cut. It is a premium gear drive and it is not the Ransom look-alike, but the year before. Reliable? Long-lasting and durable, or is it a dud? Thanks.

2. ashlandscaping

ashlandscaping Banned

Hey Vader I have a 10 year old Bunton 48 walkbehind never have had a problem. We have a couple in all. All in all they are great mowwers. I got away of buying them a couple years ago since no dealer for parts but that all changed. Now it is the price that is keeping us away. Only Problem we have ever had on all the buntons is the spindles. BUT reason is guys dont grease them they go bad. But has happened to the scag as well. But I love the mowwers. The model you are talking about is a great machine taller rear tires well built deck. It takes a beating. I would say buy it you would not be let down. Good luck

3. vader

vader LawnSite Member
    from MS

Thanks, Ash. The one feature I liked also, on top of other features, is that reverse is controled by a stick. It is not assisted reverse, but true reverse and the speed is adjusted by how far the stick is pulled. Another selling point was that the transmission has only one long thick shaft that directly turns the pulleys to the wheels. No shaft turning another shaft,to a chain, to the pulley. Living here in MS, there are alot of dealers for Bunton and also in Memphis, where I plan to buy.<p>Thank you for your reply.

4. vader

vader LawnSite Member
    from MS

Does anyone else know anything more on Bunton mowers?