bunton restore

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by grassman88, Jun 9, 2011.

1. grassman88

grassman88 LawnSite Member
    from mass

hes my first deck mower i used it for 5-6 years then it sat in my back yard for 2 years went out the other dat sprayed some starting fluid in it and it runs great and everything still works so i am going to restore it and i have to chose between 2 engines 14hp briggs or 16hp vtwin kawi or koleor

truck001.jpg

truck002-2.jpg

truck003-1.jpg

2. grassman88

from mass

i will be working on it hoping to have it done next week sometime

3. RLS24

RLS24 LawnSite Bronze Member

looks like you got some welding to do on the deck there. Looks like it'll be a fun resto!

4. grassman88

from mass

yea lots of welding lol i just bought a new welder too, and one of my lawn custemers just gave me two free welders one gas powers and one electric hope it comes out good and i can use it instead of adding a new mower

5. RLS24

RLS24 LawnSite Bronze Member

good luck finding paint for it. I had an old Bunton (well, early '00s maybe) for a while last year and I couldnt find paint at any dealer or anywhere up and down the east coast.

6. grassman88

from mass

i might paint it exmark red so it matches my other mower but idk yet

7. grassman88

from mass

haha i totaly forgot to take pics in the prosess of rebiulding this its almost done couldnt find the paint lol so i painted it john deere green i am installing the new motor today and hope to have it moving then its deck assembly hoping it has alot more power it had a 11hp honda on it and it was tierd. im putting a 14hp B&S on it. if i remember ill get pics today hahaha

8. bc3xx0

bc3xx0 LawnSite Senior Member

I hope it has some sentimental value to you, cause thats about the only value it will have!! Even when it's restored!!

9. grassman88

from mass

what value does it need i bought it for 300 bucks 7 years ago its already payed for itself hundreds of times over and all its going to do is make more money ill go get pics right now it looks 100 times better just finished it just needs belt ajustments and it should be mint

10. grassman88

from mass

heres how it looks now

[​IMG]