bunton users

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by C.T. Lawn Care, Jul 13, 2003.

1. C.T. Lawn Care

C.T. Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

i am buying a new 36" gear drive bunton walk-behind. does anyone have one doesnt have to be the same size just wondering if anyone is using the newer bunton walk-behinds and what they think of them.

2. C.T. Lawn Care

no one uses bunton's?

3. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 54" Bunton hydro made by Textron. Fixed deck. Bought it new 3 years ago. I think they made some changes since then??? I've been pretty happy with it. It gives a nice cut. I can't really compare it to anything, as this is my only mower and haven't demoed any others. Bunton parts are expensive though.

4. fblandscape

fblandscape Banned

I've used a maybe 5 year old Bunton walk behind a bunch of times. Not a bad machine, only thing is that there is not even an attempt made to giving you a reverse. I mean I enjoyed working with it. Might have been a little heavy. Machine I used was 48".

5. ParkerLawn

ParkerLawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from KY

Went to EXPO last year and demoed every WB and the Bunton was my favorite. I bought a 36" Hydro this year and absolutely love it. i needed a smaller mower for my gated lawns that would still produce a commercial look. This mower is easy to operate and lays some awesome stripes. You will be very pleased with it.

6. C.T. Lawn Care

thanks for the info.

ParkerLawn,
    glad you like your mower. i will be getting mine today. do you ever have any problem with a little strip of grass between the blades not getting cut sometime? I had a John Deere 38" rider and sometimes it would leave a litle strip of grass between the blades. just wondering

7. ParkerLawn

ParkerLawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from KY

Never had that problem and it will cut from one edge of the deck to the other. Very pleased with my Bunton.

8. The Lawn Boy Pro

The Lawn Boy Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice! Like your sig from Forrest Gump! Brings out how much us lawn guys really work.

9. battags

battags LawnSite Senior Member

Bunton / Bob-Cat (made on the same assembly line by Textron) are GREAT machines. I've tried a lot of the others and am totally satisfied with my 54" 20hp Hydro w/b. As mentioned, parts aren't the cheapest, but not unreasonable for the most part. Dealer support is where they may be lacking in their business. Some areas, dealers are pretty scarce.