1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bunton vs walker

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ACE, Jul 4, 2005.

1. ACE

ACE LawnSite Member

Can anyone tell me about the Bunton mower that looks like the walker. Are they as good as the walker or just junk. Thanks
  2. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I think that Walker has the bagging market. I think there is only one Bunton dealer in Birmingham (L&M), I would worry about parts availability.
  3. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

l and m doesn't even have those out anymore, it's ferris now but every once in a while i drive by and see something green out there, go to advanced and you have walkers, new navigators, and they can order the toro z master that bags too
  4. ACE

ACE LawnSite Member

Thanks, There is an aution place in Tuscaloosa that has the Bunton model and I thought about going to take a look at it.
    I have only seen one in use locally but many Walkers are used around here.
  5. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

One major difference is the throttle on the Bunton. The levers work just like every Z out there whereas with the Walker, you keep one hand on both levers and one on the throttle. I think they're good machines and have a lot in common with the Walkers. Another BIG difference in my opinion, is the availability of attachments for the Walker. I don't think there are any attachments on the Bunton. By the way, Bunton, Bob-Cat and Jacobson are all owned by Textron and each have a variant on the Walker, just like Scag and eXmark.