Bunton Walk Behind mower model help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by garyt, Jan 29, 2006.

1. garyt

garyt LawnSite Member

I am trying to find out what year and model number the Bunton mower is that I have so I can purchase an owners manual. I have been unable to find any stamp on the frame other that XT90/XT100 which is a number on a sticker but unfortunately this doesn't appear to be the model number at least not on Bunton's web site.

I've attached a pic in hope of some help.

bunton wb.jpg
  2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

That one is going to go back to the late 70's. They looked just like that in the early to mid 80's, too, but the handlebars were different. I have one left over from the early 80's (John Deere). I'm sorry I can't help with the model number, though.
  3. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I dont think it looks that old. Maybe early 90's how big of a fuel tank does it have
  4. garyt

garyt LawnSite Member

I'm not sure on the fuel tank size but I'm thinking maybe 2 - 3 gallons? I just recently purchased it. It's a 36 inch and has a 15hp motor but it's not the original motor.
  5. Tyner Lawn Service

Tyner Lawn Service LawnSite Senior Member

That's out of the early 80's. I wish I still had all the manuals for the Bunton mowers. The 90's they had plastic fuel tanks and wide belts on the varibles. They all looked like this pic you have for a long time. I'm sure the motor was an 11hp Briggs. I'm thinking the ser.# that had X's were dated back in the early to mid 80's. I owned new Bunton 36,48 and 52;s back in the 80's. Awesome well balanced mowers for their day.
  6. mowin at the lake

mowin at the lake LawnSite Member

Back in the 80's I bought one and it had a 8hp 2 stroke motor.It was a 36 inch
    i'll check to see if i have any info on it still.

7. Tyner Lawn Service

Tyner Lawn Service LawnSite Senior Member

The original was a Briggs and they did put Wankel 2 cycles on some of them.
  8. Signature Landscaping1

Signature Landscaping1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass