Burkeen Vibe Plow For Sale

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by SamIV, Apr 24, 2004.

1. SamIV

SamIV LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone looking for a used Burkeen plow. Unit has trencher and boring attachment with rods. Unit is for a friend of mine. Works fine, used it this week. Could use some paint. He is asking $8000.00 I think. Anyone interested PM me.

Thanks,
    Sam

2. greenworldh20

greenworldh20 LawnSite Senior Member

i have a burkeen for sale, too...looking to get a newer machine...if interested, pm me. i have pics.

brian

3. MikeK

MikeK LawnSite Member

Guys,
    I know this is an old post but our Burkeen just snapped a front axle, I guess we cannot complain, it has close to 11,000 hours on it.
    We are stuck pulling pipe with the Maxi and I am hating life right now. Still have these for sale? If not, do you know where I could get a Right Front Burkeen axle shaft?
    Thanks

4. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member

Call ferguson trenching in gambrils maryland I dont have number handy.

5. MikeK

MikeK LawnSite Member

Thanks,
    I called them last week Monday, didn't have one. Any other Ideas??

6. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member

The axels are regular car or light truck rears I think they are danas that are shortened , go to a machine shop that shortens rears. Or call burkeen dirrect and see what they can do. Call around to cable installers to see if they have a parts machine around .

7. MikeK

MikeK LawnSite Member

Yes, it is a Dana Axle designed for off road equipment.
    We may get a longer axle shaft and have it shortened, but that will take 2 weeks, In the next 2 weeks, we are putting in 16 systems and it's just really tough to try and do it all with just 1 machine.
    I have taked to some of my buddies that run burkeens and no luck with the axle, we are still looking and I am sure we will come up with something.
    Thanks for the help