Burned my grass with pro-select 24-5-11

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by organicgreen, Jun 8, 2007.

1. philk17088

philk17088 LawnSite Fanatic

I think this thread was more of a bash on synthetics and trying to push organics.

2. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh no you're not! You're not going anywhere Buddy. You're too valuable of a member to this site to lose, so don't even try to skate out of here. Remember... I'm going to be keeping an eye on you. :eek:

3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Pictures would help, there are too many factors at stake here, you could be over-watering, maybe it's getting cut too often, who knows? And it is strange, slow release is usually done acting up within 30 days... Pics?

4. Harley-D

Harley-D LawnSite Senior Member

Combo of brown and green. Are there lesions on the blades of grass or are they totally brown? I'ld say that you didn't know how many pounds of N you were putting down and put down too much. You can't just pick a fert and throw it on your lawn. If this is a ploy to get people to use more organics...it's sad.

5. treemonkey

treemonkey LawnSite Member

What a hoot!!!!! One organic guy criticizing another organic guy for erring with synthetic fertilizer. Then he goes on to recommend throwing fertilizer in a landfill! Didn't anyone else catch this?

This thread gave me my "laugh for the day". Thanks.