Burning PTO deck belt.

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Banksy, Mar 30, 2013.

  1. Banksy

    Banksy LawnSite Member
    Posts: 190

    . Thanks for writing that up. Good info. I adjusted the bet guides like you said. The darn thing still grabs, so I'll just find the belt you mentioned. Do you know of an online store that sells these raw belts?
    Posted via Mobile Device
     
  2. Restrorob

    Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic
    Posts: 11,024

  3. Banksy

    Banksy LawnSite Member
    Posts: 190

    Thanks, rob! I'm going to order one right now.
     
  4. Banksy

    Banksy LawnSite Member
    Posts: 190

    Went with Amazon since it was free shipping. Might take a couple extra days, but no biggy.
     
  5. Restrorob

    Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic
    Posts: 11,024

    Amazon seems to have everything under the sun, I always check there before ordering anything, And most times it's free shipping.....
     
  6. pugs

    pugs LawnSite Gold Member
    Posts: 3,018

    Uh no, I just looked that belt up. That is used on the newer machines with Electric clutches....no way for the belt to "catch" with an electric clutch... Definitely not the correct belt for this machine.

    What are the model numbers of the machine you are working on? You may have 2 tags on the machine. One on the back half of the machine and one on the mower deck. Get all the numbers and post them up so we can find you the correct belt number.

    Might be a 38442 but could be others depending on model numbers
     
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
  7. Banksy

    Banksy LawnSite Member
    Posts: 190

    Ummm....crap. Really? This $100 mower is becoming a nightmare.

    Posted via Mobile Device
     
  8. Restrorob

    Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic
    Posts: 11,024

    Banksy,

    Pugs may be right, I'll take care of it...... Check your PM's.......
     
  9. Banksy

    Banksy LawnSite Member
    Posts: 190

    I fixed it a few minutes ago. Finally!

    I basically re-adjusted everything. I noticed that the belt idler that applies and releases tension was not moving enough to completely disengage the belt. (I did notice that it didn't move much, but I assumed that may have been normal for this machine) What was causing this was the brake blade system on the other side of the deck. I re-configured that system to allow more movement of the tension idler pulley, but still apply the brake firmly. Bingo!! That did it. It operates perfectly now.
     

Share This Page