Burning PTO deck belt.

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Banksy, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Banksy

Banksy LawnSite Member

. Thanks for writing that up. Good info. I adjusted the bet guides like you said. The darn thing still grabs, so I'll just find the belt you mentioned. Do you know of an online store that sells these raw belts?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

3. Banksy

Banksy LawnSite Member

Thanks, rob! I'm going to order one right now.

4. Banksy

Banksy LawnSite Member

Went with Amazon since it was free shipping. Might take a couple extra days, but no biggy.

5. Restrorob

Amazon seems to have everything under the sun, I always check there before ordering anything, And most times it's free shipping.....

6. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

Uh no, I just looked that belt up. That is used on the newer machines with Electric clutches....no way for the belt to "catch" with an electric clutch... Definitely not the correct belt for this machine.

What are the model numbers of the machine you are working on? You may have 2 tags on the machine. One on the back half of the machine and one on the mower deck. Get all the numbers and post them up so we can find you the correct belt number.

Might be a 38442 but could be others depending on model numbers

Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
  7. Banksy

Banksy LawnSite Member

Ummm....crap. Really? This $100 mower is becoming a nightmare.

Posted via Mobile Device

8. Restrorob

Banksy,

Pugs may be right, I'll take care of it...... Check your PM's.......

9. Banksy

Banksy LawnSite Member

I fixed it a few minutes ago. Finally!

I basically re-adjusted everything. I noticed that the belt idler that applies and releases tension was not moving enough to completely disengage the belt. (I did notice that it didn't move much, but I assumed that may have been normal for this machine) What was causing this was the brake blade system on the other side of the deck. I re-configured that system to allow more movement of the tension idler pulley, but still apply the brake firmly. Bingo!! That did it. It operates perfectly now.