burning up here in Central Michigan

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, Jun 23, 2003.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

we need rain bad here. We had 21 scheduled lawns for the day, and we only did 6 because of how dry they were, 3 were iffers but we decided to wait on them. We might get some rain tonight, but doesn't look promising.

Anybody else having a major problem with the drying up conditions?
  2. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

we don't have a problem with here in the east, we're just drying up which is a good thing. the local Golf Course has been closed for 3 days due to flooding.
  3. lildog132

lildog132 LawnSite Member

yea, I live in Ann Arbor, Michigan and it's drier than hell, we need a little rain
  4. Let it Grow

Let it Grow LawnSite Senior Member

WOW that's REALLY dry!!!!
  5. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Oh man, we have just been missed by all the rain. We have had .8" of rain since May 12.

I am sure you saw the thread of my fried lawns. Things will get way worse if we do not get the rain they are talking about on Thurs.
  6. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

Stop all this nasty talk! It's contagious, I had a bad case of this last year.
  7. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

Dry as a popcorn fart here in Genesee County. Most of my accounts have irrigation which really helps. It is smoldering today. 92 degrees I believe. I was up on Torch Lake this weekend and got a few inches over night on Sunday, but that doesn't do ME any good. We need it down here
  8. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Dry here too. Looks like ran is on the way though.:)
  9. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

Just caught the weather channel.........Rain and T-storms possible Wed, Sat and Sun. PRAY!
  10. It's starting to burn here in St. Louis.