Burnt 272C CAt

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by AMCAT, Aug 25, 2008.

1. AMCAT

AMCAT LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

I have seen a number of burnt CAT machines on Salvagesale .com is this all they are good for or are these the only machines that have resale value when they get burnt so bad :dizzy:

Burnt 272C.jpg

2. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I cant imagine how it can have any value beyond scrap metal. Maybe the attachment would still have some value.

Yellowdog mentioned that they fill up with debris easily. I guess that is what happens when you don't keep the machine clean.

3. CAT powered

CAT powered LawnSite Bronze Member

The arms have got to be worth something as long as they aren't bent or melted at all and the head has got to be worth something as well.

4. CarterKraft

CarterKraft LawnSite Senior Member

sadly allot of these machines are sold without the proper guarding to do that kind of work. the turbo and exhaust shields are mandatory for brush work.

Also if you let them accumulate material on or around the engine... well you know what happens next.

5. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Once she is southern fried Cat its not much more than scrap. Why chance it the heat from the fire can distort or weaken parts on the machine.

6. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Those were the first C models that were sold with out the brush packages.

7. ccstrebe

ccstrebe LawnSite Senior Member

What would have caused it to catch fire?

8. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

The skid steers look like brush fires, the 262B looks more like it started a fire from the mulcher and the 272C started in the machine itself.

That website rocks, there's even a 236B2 that flipped off a trailer, the cab looks like hell, but it would be a steal!

9. AMCAT

AMCAT LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

If a guy was a fixer upper then that site does rock but you can add up to an expensive machine very quick from what i have learned :confused:

10. KCfireman

KCfireman LawnSite Bronze Member

that picture definetly looks like they were trying to maybe cut a fire line in the wake of a field/brush fire but maybe they did it too late and the fire jumped the line and got ahold of the machine.