Burnt Rock

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by hillcountry, Jun 6, 2013.

1. hillcountry

hillcountry LawnSite Member

We installed a automated gas burner system for a client. I built a lid for the burner out of cedar. The home technology guy and myself had a miscommunication and the system automated itself which obviously burnt the lid. We used a white (Mexican) stone for the capstone. It is discolored now. I tried bleach, diluted Hydrochloric acid and pressure washing.
    The stone is still a pink color.
    Does anyone have any suggestions? Is a burnt rock a burnt rock?

2. Gilmore.Landscaping

Gilmore.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

You built a wood cover for a gas burner??

3. hillcountry

hillcountry LawnSite Member

Yes, I did, it ties into the bridge we built, the gates and other aspects of the landscape. The gas burner is automated and it happened by a home technology guy having the wrong programming in. I appreciate your help though

4. jbailey52

jbailey52 LawnSite Bronze Member

Are you from a different part of the country or something? What type/contraption of a gas burner? Picture? Who is a home technology guy???
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

This is the exact reason I got into an argument with a Home automation guy. He wanted to automate a couple of gas fire pits we put in the igniters I refused to signed what would happen when the grandchild or someone accidentally messed with the owner's iPhone and set the gas burners off with full covers on them.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

Did that pass inspection.... the wood cover? It wouldent where I am. Tie in or not loose the wood....the stone has to be resurfaced or replaced
    Posted via Mobile Device