Bury Wire?

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by eskerlite, Jun 12, 2006.

1. eskerlite

eskerlite LawnSite Member

How do most of you bury wire? I use an edger.

2. NY Landscape Lighting

NY Landscape Lighting LawnSite Member

I use an edger, and this year bought a used wire trencher. It lays the wire in the slit trench as you go. Haven't worked it to much yet to get used to it but it seems like I still needed to get in with the edger and touch up a bit. Does save some labor though.

3. extlights

extlights LawnSite Senior Member

We do the simple shovel method in the grass, and in mulch beds we trench down about 6 inches and use sod staples every 12 inches. We do have a trencher, but we only use it for the real long runs or if the ground is extremely hard.

4. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

I think Im missing something here but how are you guys getting 6 inches with an edger. I could get like MAX 3 inches with my walk behind. What type of blade are you guys using on it. Pictures ????

5. NY Landscape Lighting

NY Landscape Lighting LawnSite Member

6. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member

I use both of the Hound Dog edgers. The steppin edger and the one pictured.

7. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

my bad... being we do landscape too (hopefully not for long) I was picturing a stick edger or walk behind edger. Yes I too have one like pictured but its the bast model that we modified a little to enable us to put our boots on it. We also built an 18 inch wide model ourselves for thoes lawns that are nice and soft.

I have found it easier in beds to pull the mulch or pinestraw away first before trying to make my furrow. Also just looks nicer when done to me.