1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bush bugs

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Helen Allen, Jul 26, 2005.

1. Helen Allen

Helen Allen LawnSite Member

Can you spray RAID or other bug killers into bushes? I know that lawn services offer services that rid bushes of bugs, and I am going to get some help with shrubs, trees & bushes in the fall. But until then, I have these tiny white bugs like a cloud over all my bushes, (and I have many around my house). I don't want to harm the bushes, but the bugs are making me crazy. Thanks for any help!

SHOWCASE LAWNS LLC LawnSite Member

Either Hire A Tree Company To Come Out And Spray Some Pyrethryn Or Pyrethroid On The The Bushes Or Buy A Bug Zapper Or Two At Home Depot And Place It Near The Bushes .
    You Will Spend A Lot Of Money With Little Effect By Using Raid. Plus , More Than Lokely You May Damage The Bushes And Give Yourself A Good Dose Of Bug Killer In The Process.
  3. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Ageed, don't spray Raid on it. Hire a pest control man that can correctly identify what bugs you have and then select a proper way to treat for them.
  4. NickN

NickN LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

Those are white flies you're seeing.Spray Orthene(by Ortho) on the shrubs.It's a systematic insecticide that is absorbed by the shrub.As the flies feed,they ingest the insecticide.
    Also,Sevin dust is a good insecticide for contact kills.It works well on white flies.Be sure to get under the leaves as much as possible also.