Bush Hog Blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tom, May 9, 2000.

1. tom

tom LawnSite Member

I just found that I have bought the last set of blades for my bush hog. It seems that the manufacture no longer offers the blades since the mower is out of production. Does anybody that does bush hogging know of an aftermarket bush hog blade manufacture? I have two of the same model bush hog and hate to turn them into scrap. (I have been told the one I use the most should be in the scrap pile.....all the old snow plow cutting edges and a few welding rods go a long way.) OF COURSE the equipment dealer I work with thinks it is time I buy a new hog! Any info would help

2. steveair

steveair LawnSite Bronze Member

Try a place called Agri Supply (www.Agri-Supply.com) I'm pretty sure they have them and they are usually reasonably priced.<p>steveair

3. southside

southside LawnSite Senior Member

Most of the aftermarket mower blade suppliers<br>should be able to get you a set of blades for<br>you slasher.By the way Tom,what sort of gear <br>do you run?<p>Karl<br>

4. tom

tom LawnSite Member

Steveair ---Thanks for the lead! I will check it out! <p>Karl---I run a kubota 3710 hydro tracctor with a great bend 6 1/2 foot hog behind it. The mower was made for kubota by Great bend a few years ago. I wore out one KUbota and have just started on this one. In my market, i do a lot of steep lake and pond dams that no one will touch. I like the smaller jobs (3-7 acres). I have a freind who pulls a 10 footer, we swap jobs so it works out well. Him big jobs and me smaller jobs. I let my mowing guys go in the morning and I can spend all day riding through the weeds.

5. southside

Tom, 3710? That model isn't here yet.A 6'<br>slasher here would have a 70-80hp tractor<br>running it.Some of the crap that we cut is<br>well over the tractor roof.Some of it is cow<br>cane app.15'high. I run a Deutz DX310 50hp<br>air cooled diesel with a 5' Superior LX5<br>slasher with 400hp gearbox. Curious to see<br>what sort of conditions you guys run in.<p>Karl<br>

6. Hardy Enterprises

Hardy Enterprises LawnSite Member

Hey Southside I have a Kubota M8200 which is an 80 hp tractor. I have 7' 3pt hitch bushhog that I use on smaller areas and areas with thick brush. On large grass areas I have a 15' batwing bushhog. I cut some grass the other day with that 15' that was about 4' tall and the tractor never grunted. In my area most people run 35-50hp paired to a 5'-6' bushhogg.

7. southside

Hardy,<br> We have the M8200 here.Are they any<br>good?Half the jobs we do here are only cut<br>once a year. How do you transport your Kubota<br>around? I used to drive my tractor on the<br>roads here for a fair while.(Fairly common<br>amongst contractors here) But I got sick of<br>the danger and hassle and bought a truck<br>with 22'6&quot; beavertail tray.<p>Karl<br>

8. Hardy Enterprises

Hardy Enterprises LawnSite Member

Hey Karl,<p>So far I love my M8200. I have not had it very long but it has definetly got some power. Kubotas are very popular in my area and have a good track record for holding up to a lot of abuse. I have a 99 Ford F350 dually with a 36' tandem dual gooseneck trailer that I haul it on.<p>Jay

9. southside

Hardy, <br> We don't use trailers here for that sort of work.Would drive me nuts. I have<br>an International ACCO 2050A with V555 Cummins<br>8.3ltr V8 @210hp with 10 speed roadranger box.6tonne cap.(13500lb).22'6&quot; tray with <br>beavertail.Glad the Kubota is working well.<br>They are starting to become popular here too.<br>Main machines here are Ford,Massey,Kubota,<br>FiatAgri,JD,ect.<p>Karl<br>