Bush Hog Mid-Mount ZTR?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by VolRog, May 4, 2004.

1. VolRog

VolRog LawnSite Member

Have a chance to buy a brand new 25HP(Kohler)/61" cut Bush Hog for $7000 including taxes. Model M2561. I would use this machine to cut my yard (11 ac) and my families several yards @ 1 ac. This is about $1200-1500 less than Exmark/Toro/Hustler. Is this a good machine, is it durable? Anyone have recent history/troubles/comments. Should I buy this machine?
    Thanks

2. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

I have never seen more than a couple posts about these in all I can remember, and you can see how long i've been on Lawnsite. Never seen them mentioned on other lawn care forum boards either. Search "Bush Hog" in commercial lawn care forum, see what may come up. They don't have a reputation around here, no one uses them. A Bush Hog dealer (sells everything but the Bush Hog z's) sells eXmark z's and said in his opinion the Bush Hog Z is no good. I don't know why he said that. They appear to be built like the other brands but that does not mean that they perform and hold up like the others.
    As a side note, I have a 1964 Bush Hog garden tractor that i've restored... it is built heavier than even the Cub Cadet's in some areas... Frame/front axle about the same, but the sheet metal is 1/8" plate steel- not found on others! it's built like a tank but uses a couple of odd sized belts that were harder to find and more expensive. It's an attention getter at the shows i take it to. Turns heads.