Bush Hog Zero Turn

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ryno23, Jul 18, 2005.

1. ryno23

ryno23 LawnSite Member

i was just wondering if anyone has any experience with the bush hog brand ztr. i haven't heard much about them. i just happened to be riding by one of the tractor places in town the other day and saw they had a few out there. i was just curious of ya'lls thoughts on these. i know bush hog makes good stuff but don't know much about their ztr.

2. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

They seem to be well built machines. We were gonna buy one but we ended up with a IS 3000 Ferris instead for a lot more money than the Bushog but it was well worth it. I have never run a Bushog ztr in the grass so I can't comment on the cut quality but the decks look to be well designed.

3. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I had a friend that had one and he was pleased with it. Only bad thing he could say about it was the springs on the belt tensioner would break kinda easy and the dealer didnt like to stock them. That mower was made around the year 2000

4. ryno23

ryno23 LawnSite Member

i don't have enough accounts this year to get another ztr but i'm just looking. i like the exmark, but i'm not too sure about the exmark dealer around here. next year if possible, i'll get a 60" ztr, i'm gonna look at the bush hog a little more.

5. Bush Hog

Bush Hog LawnSite Member

I am new here and I was surprised not to see more Bush Hog users. I purchased a M2561 Bush Hog ZTR about 8 months ago. I looked at Dixie, Hustler, Exmark and Scag, these are the main ones available in my area. The Bush Hog is one heavy duty built mower, the Scag looked to be built as good as the Bush Hog. I chose the Bush Hog over the Scag because a friend has had a Bush Hog for over a year, and he was very satisfied with his. I would encourage anyone interested in a ZTR to at very least look at the Hog.