1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bush hog ZTR's?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ProStreetCamaro, May 31, 2006.

1. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

2. sikagrass

sikagrass LawnSite Member

Earlier this year I almost bought one, looked like a very tough unit for the price.Only problem was they had it sitting outside so long it had surface rust. Ended up with a Hustler instead.
  3. jmurphy

jmurphy LawnSite Senior Member

I have one and I love it. Very well built machine, plus it comes with lights standard:dancing: :dancing:
  4. klm2

klm2 LawnSite Member

I have a 2561 and it is an outstanding mower, built like a tank and handles great!
  5. robbo521

robbo521 LawnSite Senior Member

what would a 48'' deck run?i have looked at them before at my JD dealer but never got a price.they look real good and sit nice.
  6. nmez21

nmez21 LawnSite Senior Member

I just got back from an American Legion ballgame at The Lumberyard (Copeland Park) in LaCrosse, Wisconsin. On my way into the park I noticed the cutting equip. under the grandstands. And of course I had to go take a little look-see. They had a bush-hog w/ 73" deck i believe. The field looked to be cut very nicely- very evenly, although not striped. Didn't look like a weak machine to me.
  7. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I drove a 73" model my friend had and it was a very rough riding. Maybe too much air in the tires. Lots of rattles and shakes. Handling didn't seem too good to me. I was built heavy like a tank but also handled like one. It has a very wide stable footprint so it felt good on the slope where I tested it. Just my opinion. I've only been on one so I wouldn't put too much in my opinion at this point. Looks as heavy built as a Scag.