Bush-Hogging Bid - Your Input, Please

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by Pecker, Mar 28, 2011.

1. 8404

8404 LawnSite Member

Morningside, what size cutter did you buy for that John deere?

2. Morningside

Morningside LawnSite Member

8 footer. I bought the MX-8 $5995 fits snuggle on the trailer.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. 8404

8404 LawnSite Member

How do you like the way you 5075e gears work, Ive been considering getting one but the tractor i have now has the shuttle shift forward and reverse and the 5075e doesn't offer shuttle shift so Ive been holding off and looking at other brands. I would love to se a picture of you tractor if you got any.

4. Morningside

Its got three gear ranges with three gears each. I only use two or three gears most of the time. Works great. Pics in my phone trying to upload to site.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Morningside

jd 5075e new

IMG_20110409_074028 deere.jpg

6. 8404

8404 LawnSite Member

now thats cool, are you going to widen the tires out some or leave it 6 foot wide?

7. skennedy04

skennedy04 LawnSite Member

Down here we charge $15.00 per acre if it's easy mowing and not over grown to much and with a lot of obstacles .....trees etc.Price goes up from there.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. WPS85

WPS85 LawnSite Member

If I get a call for Bush-Hog work I'll go out to look at it first and I'll give a free estimate if local. . I like to look at it before I haul equipment out because they never can explain the "lay of the land." . (etc, ponds, ditches, hillside and how tall the weeds/brush is). . And you never know if the area has a swampy place. .You'll find out the hard way.:laugh:

If I charge by the hour, It's $60 an hour and I charge $60 for a "show up fee".

If the area is 5 acres and under, I do it on contract. . I'll look at the area and tell them a price and still charge a show up fee.

9. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

Hack

Lowballer

PS If you need some help, I finally stepped up into the real world of brush hogging\field mowing.

10. skennedy04

skennedy04 LawnSite Member

Thanks Mark .....:hammerhead::hammerhead: