1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Bush Oooghh Drives Me Crazy

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by thor, Sep 18, 2004.

1. thor

thor LawnSite Member

Doesn't Someone's Ad Or Truck Sign That Says Bushes Instead Of Shrubs Just Scream Scrub Or Ignorant Person With No Hort Knowledge What Do You Think?
  2. BigEd

BigEd LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

Kind of like the hard to read, all caps run on sentence you wrote that screams ignorant person or no grammar knowledge?
  3. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

I call this service, bush and shrub pruning, but I guess I'm ignorant. Technically a bush is a shrub, but most homeowners will call and ask to have their bushes trimmed. I don't want to confuse anyone.
  4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Actually, yes, it probably should always be labeled as ornamental and shrub. As far as people calling to have "bushes" trimmed, well, you aldso have to figure, that people go to the doctor to have their head checked, though that's not what the doctor is going to focus on - just the "head".
    The one that gets me - that spells out true unprofessionalism, is "yard care". Let us care for your "yard". Then pay us some beer money. payup :drinkup:
  5. Littleriver1

Littleriver1 LawnSite Senior Member

Hort Knowledge ? I guess I don't have any, because there's no Horts around here.
  6. satch

satch LawnSite Member

I have noticed it doesnt pay any more to trim shrubs than it does bushes
  7. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

A shrub and a bush are 2 different plants. So no it doesnt scream ignorant.